Monday, July 26, 2010

And she is ONE!


























Nya Naomi

She's a little bit of sunshine

She's a smile to light our days

She will steal our hearts and

Keep them with her warm endearing ways

She's our precious little daughter

With a sweetness from above

Who will fill our years with laughter

And our lives with lots of love.


Time goes by so quickly that it is almost heart breaking. Everyday you try to freeze time within the small moments of kisses on your cheek, the sound of laughter and the mama's and the daily quest to accomplish or learn something new. And its everyday that they seem to go by even faster than the one before. You make the mental notes that you will hold in your heart forever but it still doesn't change the fact that your little one grows and changes minute by minute. I will forever be grateful & cherish becoming a wife and always be humbled to have become a mom.


Nya- You are a great joy to me daily. This year has flown by. I have been privileged to be able to be with you every moment of your life. You are a great blessing to me and have shown me in this short year how to have joy in all things. You are the Lords great reminder to me to:


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." James 1:2-6


You are a constant joy in my life. I have watched you get frustrated and angry but I have also watched that it does not last long and the joy return. Even in the midst of the times I know you want to be angry, I have watched you fall and smile through it all. You are amazing.

I can't believe you are one already.And I am sure I will feel like the next time I look at you, you will be a young lady. My prayer is that I will be the mom God has created me to be for you, that I will teach you and be an example to you of what a godly woman the Lord wants for you and I to be. Your life is ahead of you and its my honor to be your mom and guide you through.

I love you Nya, Happy 1st Birthday! Love, Mama

1 comment:

  1. What a cute birthday party and cake! Love the shirt too:) Don't you just love the amount of joy and love these babies give us???:) I'm totally going to cry at every birthday:) We are SO BLESSED!

    ReplyDelete