Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The heart of our son...

Here is the heart of our son...this morning I was in the shower, which I always fear because of the unknown of what I will come out to. This morning was no different because Kian saw some candy sticks we had put on top of the fridge. Can you just imagine what my fears were with that? Anyway, I took my shower, got dressed and came out to find Kian on the couch watching George exactly where I left
him. So my thoughts were, “oh good he didn't do anything.” Until I went into the kitchen. In the kitchen I saw an open formula canister! Ahhhhh!!! All of a sudden visions of $$$$$$$$ was what went through my mind. This is how the following conversation went:

Mommy (in a very nerve wrecking tone): “Kian, why is the formula here and did you open it?”

Kian: “Mommy, Quinlyn was crying so I had to make her a bottle.”

My heart dropped but this time not for the money factor involved in how much it is per scoop of formula but for the idea of him getting her from her bassinet and proceeding to feed her that bottle that he so lovingly thought she needed. But then I did remember that I just saw her sleeping peacefully in her bassinet. But to make sure I wasn’t having a case of mommy brain I went RAN to go check. But there she was sleeping peacefully. And then I saw it, there it was the prepared bottle made for her by her thoughtful brother. My next thought as I stood there in wonderment was, how many scoops were in the bottle and then thoughts of thankfulness that it was already madeJ. So here was the next conversation with Kian.

Mommy: “Kian, how many scoops did you put in the bottle.”

Kian (while holding up his hand way in the air): 1, 2, 3 and 4 and 5! Um, 1, 2, 3 and 4 and 5!! (Also said with extreme excitement)

It is unknown exactly how many scoops went into the bottle but you best believe that this momma used it.

After that was all over with he had taken his stool and pushed it to the sink and said, “Mommy, I need to do the dishes!”

Mommy said, “Go for it son!”

2 comments:

  1. bbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhaa I literally just laughed out loud reading that!!!!!!!!!! So sweet and so funny and so scary all at the same time. My heart dropped when I was reading it, so I can't imagine the feelings you felt! I love blogging and being able to record these little conversations and moments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really sweet story! I hear ya with the risky taking a shower business! No telling what will happen while Mama is washing off!

    ReplyDelete