
So in an effort to manage my life better I am going to give e-mealz a whirl. What is e-mealz you ask? It is, and I quote from the webpage "Menu plans based on weekly grocery store sales, seasonal discounts or diet preferences. Be meal-wise and money-wise with E-Mealz."
They plan 7 meals with recipes and give you the grocery list to go with the plan. The grocery list is according to your grocery store you choose using the sales for that particular week. It is also, broken down by grocery section in your store. Uh, can we say NICE!
I spend a lot of time trying to plan out meals and grocery lists which truthfully, I don't really have. Because I get frustrated with how time consuming it can be I must confess I do try and just wing it with things off the top of my head. Then head off to the store with my chicken scratch notepad of my "meal plan of the week" and somewhat of a grocery list. Not only do I spend too much money that way but I also forget many things resulting in multiple trips to the store.
Now this service is not free it is $15/3months of weekly lists. Which breaks down to $5/month at $1.25 a week. Depending on what you choose the weekly budget they stay in for 7 meals to feed 4-6 for Walmart where I chose was $75-$90. I don't think this is bad considering all the time you save. Now will the menu always be perfect? No. But I can peruse it see what my family will and will not eat and change it around. I can quickly look through the grocery list and check off the things I won't need or already have. Nothing is perfect and will need to be adjusted but it won't equal the amount of time sitting and planning out meals/grocery lists or the multiple trips to the store. And the money being spent to go along with the trips and frivolous buying.
Also, be aware this does not include breakfast, lunch, snacks or drinks. So these are some things to consider especially when trying to stay on a grocery budget. We will see. I just signed up and plan to give it a try for three months. Hopefully this will give me some breathing room. :) I will keep you posted;) If any of you out there are trying e-mealz let me know what you think.

No comments:
Post a Comment