Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The nagging "to-do"...

Do you have the never ending to-do list? I do and its annoying. It never seems that I will ever get everything done. It never seems that the to-do list shrinks. Why is that? I don't feel like I procrastinate (well, not too much), I am not lazy ( I have 3 kids under 4 I have no ability to be lazy) and we are on some sort of a schedule. So what is it? Why will I never feel as though I have everything under control? Why can't I wake up and have the thought, "Yep, I got this"? Well, I asked God that and here is what He said,"Because you need to rely fully on Me."

He is my Shepherd, my Creator, my God. He didn't create me to "handle" it all, He created me to be me and rely on Him. Trust that He has everything in control and have faith in Him to handle my "to-do's."

Isaiah 40:11 says this, " He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young."

Wow. The moment we think we can handle all things on our own is the moment we lose our sight and grip on Him. We cannot do that. We were created to glorify God. Wanting to do things on our own does not give Him the ultimate glory. The key in this is to be content in that place. Be content to fully rely on God. Be content to stop, give praise and worship to Him, immerse ourselves in His Word and grow in our relationship with Him. As we grow our trust and faith in Him will grow. And the times are coming in which we will need to "Watch; stand fast in the faith, be brave and be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13. If I am filling my days with the frustration of never completing that to-do list and not spending my time equipping myself in the Word, I will not be ready. I will not be ready to stand fast and hold to the traditions I am being taught. 2 Thess. 2:15.

God is good. And I am so blessed to be His child. He chose me. He is my Shepherd, He loves me and holds me in my weakness and guides me in all of my days. Praise Him!

As far as the "to-do's", I will get there. In the meantime, I am going to grow in the Lord, love & cherish my husband and our kids, laugh and savor every moment the Lord blesses my life with.

1 comment: