What in the world, where does the time go? I can't believe its almost been a month since I last posted. There has been a lot that has happened with the Geisler's since and I will just try to keep everything in order.
First, a few weekends ago we had the annual Cargill picnic. They held it at All Sports which is a huge arcade/mini-golf and amusement ride type of place. All the rides and mini golf were free and they raffled off tokens. The Geisler's scored some free tokens which was a perfect amount for us to play with. The most amusing part of our day was trying to teach Kian mini golf. He would hit it from the tee then race it to the hole and hit the ball in if it didn't make it. He hit everyone's ball in. He laughed a lot and so did we so we didn't care. Kian absolutely loved the amusement rides. Larry is such a great dad and went on them all. Even though his knees were about to bust out of all the rides he uncomfortably went through it to enjoy time with his "dude." And of course Larry didn't leave out his little girl. He took her on the carousel. She smiled the whole time but clung on to daddy and her horse very tightly. Of course we had grilled burgers and dogs and all the trimmings. We had a great day together and we loved it. Thanks Cargill for a great time.
Kian has had some major learning experiences over the past few weeks. Lately he has been really trying to see where the line of obedience is drawn with me over what he eats and his manners at the dinner table. One morning we had an all out battle over 5 pieces of banana. He was told he was not going to be able to do anything or speak to me until he had finished all of his bananas. After an almost two hour battle the bananas were eaten. Larry and I have been teaching Kian Colossians 3:20, "Children obey your parents in everything for this pleases the Lord." When he cleared his plate and came over to me I said, "Kian what did you learn through all of this?" He looked at me, looked around then looked at me again while holding my face and said, "Children obey your parents..." At this moment all the prayers and thoughts of,"Lord is he getting this?" suddenly came to be. At that moment I knew teaching him scripture is one of our best tools. "I desire to do your will, O my God, for your law is within my heart." Ps 40:8 I found great encouragement in this as well for in Prov. 22:6 we can lean on this promise, " Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." I posted this on facebook and was so encouraged by all the words of wisdom and understanding by a lot of my friends out there. One encouragement I received was from a great mentor and friend of Larry and mine. He encouraged us to not just focus on getting Kian to obey at all times but always directing him back to the fact that he is in need of a Savior. I know that the Lord is at work in our home I want to be obedient and follow His commands as to raising our children. Salvation is a great gift that we so desire for our children to receive. I am a vessel in their lives the Lord is using and I pray that I never let blinders cover my eyes in those moments.
Next up, Nya has started walking!!! Finally at 14 mos she is now walking. She is not a speed racer she is still a little hesitant but she tries her best. When she falls she gets right back up again. She is very persistent in reaching her goal and like everything in life you have to make a few falls first before you succeed. Way to go Ny!
Lastly, Kian starts preschool Aug 31!! He met his teacher this past week, Mrs Ginger. She is a very sweet grandma type teacher which I love. I think she is going to be a great match for Kian. There are ten or twelve students in his class and there are a couple more girls than boys. Kian is the tallest/largest in his class. I guess its those Geisler genes. I was asked a few times how old he was. Mind you its a three yr old only class. I think they were just trying to make sure he was actually three. Hey, don't hate cause I am raising the next Shaq! haha Anyway, with his spider man back pack ready to go he is super excited to start school. He couldn't get enough of the classroom and all the things that were in it. He loved the playground and can't believe he gets to play there. He will be going every Tues/Thurs mornings. I think I may be just as excited for him. However, I haven't dropped him off yet! We will see what the year brings.
PS Pictures will come soon...stay tuned.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOVE getting your updates:) You are one busy mama girl!
ReplyDelete